Friday, June 8, 2012

Our latest adventure (not about the garden!)


While this blog has been dedicated to the garden thus far, I figured I'd better start posting about other things to entertain you all! (I mean, I know it's hard to imagine, but garden photos may not seem so exciting at some point...) Derek and I will be remodeling the kitchen for the next... month? 2 months? The hope is to be done by July 4-ish, but you know how home improvement projects go.

For now, I figured I'd post some before photos (underwhelming, but just consider it a baseline)... stay posted for durings and afters!


The main things that will eventually look different in this photo include: new cabinets, new sink, new countertop, new backsplash (since when is porous "brick" an effective backsplash?), and maybe a new dishwasher (depends on how we do on the budget).


From this view, the cabinets and countertop will change, and we will have a microwave over the stove.


Can not WAIT to get rid of the floor! (And the cabinets and the countertops and... the list goes on from there.)


Pretty much the only thing from this view that will be the same is Maggie (awww ain't she sweet), and the table (although I'd love for that to get refinished and painted later this summer...). 


And here is our kitchen for the next four weeks! This has changed a bit since I took this picture but... basically, we will have access to a microwave, coffee maker (for Derek), toaster, minimal food preparation materials, table (also moved into the living room), and the fridge (will also be in the living room). Safe to say we'll be using the grill quite a bit... thank goodness it's summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment